Monday 29 August 2011

Formatting errors in Joyce.

I tried to read the Joyce file on an old Mac, running Classic, but found it failed to load correctly.  Subsequently examining the master files, I found some of the formatting had been corrupted.
Therefore I have corrected the Doc File, and re-printed to PDF.  This destroyed all the internal links, which I have had to reconnect.
During the re-linking, I found specific format errors on pages:
vii, viii, 40, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81, 118.
All these were format errors, involving either case, or font.  Nothing of major substance, except the font errors were between Georgia and Gael font.  The latter may have been a cause for confusion.
I have optimized the file to PDF 5.0 standard, so it should be readable ok on Mac Classic, using Reader 5.05.

No comments:

Post a Comment